Wednesday, June 3, 2020

RESEARCH: MOVIE TRAILER WEBSITES

When looking for film trailers I mostly use online sources to do so, or cinema. My favourite way to access film trailers is at the cinema as the film trailers are fitted to me and my needs based on the film I am going to see. However I find that going online is a very quick and efficient way to access movie trailers, I tend to use social media platforms, youtube and other sites for example the ones below ...


iTunes Movie Trailers


iTunes Movie Trailers are one of my favourite ways to watch trailers as they offer lots of variety and option to fit the needs of a large target audience, they are easily accessible as I use mostly apple products however they are also online for anyone to use. I find that apple have a very wide range of films and often have high end production films with some of my favourite talents. Apple are very good as they don't have any online ad's which I like as I find they get in the way and the movie trailers they offer are of high standard and quality.

Youtube 

The other most common way for me to access movie trailers is through youtube, I use youtube daily as a source of entertainment watching content creators videos. I like youtube as although it has many ads between vides sometimes the ad's they show are movie trailers, this offers me the opportunity to watch a new film trailer I may have not come across if it wasn't for youtube. Youtube is a quick and easy way to watch film trailers as you can easily search in the search engine and it will come up. 

IMDb

I have used IMDb for a long time now however, usually I would use it to access extra information on a film after I have watched it such as the actors/actresses within the film, the awards the film may have received, the directors etc. Although I have recently discovered that IMDb offers a way for viewers to watch film trailers, this is a really efficient way to access movie trailers as it is very quick and gives lots of database on each film.

 

IMDb is extremely useful as it allows you to not only watch film trailers but also TV trailers, this allows a wide range of audiences to use it as some people may prefer to watch TV series' instead of film all the time. I have recently myself watched the film trailer for Black Widow on IMDb, I found that I really enjoyed this way of watching trailers as it also offers you trending trailers or trailers related, fitting to my needs of film genre.


The FDA Yearbook of 2020 has new updated information on audiences and how they use online sources such as websites like Youtube and social media platforms, Twitter, Instagram etc. The FDA show us facts about IMDB, it shows that our opinion on it being more like a database but can also be used as a website that audiences use to watch trailers as well. 

1 comment:

  1. Very good research: detailed, considered and well expressed with a genuine quality of personal engagement, such as your comments on the strengths of the different platforms.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME MODERATOR

WELCOME MODERATOR SOCIAL MEDIA